Celebrate Mother’s Day with a Tea Party
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and we’ve got a great idea to help you celebrate the special day and show your mom just how special she is. While some of us are under lockdown, here’s how you can throw a quick, easy and beautiful tea party for Mother’s Day. From flowers to tea-rrific refreshments, these tea party ideas are fit for a springtime celebration, whether its Mother’s Day or not.
Location, Location, Location
Where you host your tea party is always important. Pick a location in your home that’s easy to decorate and would look beautiful with limited décor too. You can opt for a garden tea party or a small corner of your living room instead. Once you’ve picked it out, plan everything you need for your décor - it can range from cute cardboard banners, paper streamers, or even a bouquet of flowers. Liven up the room with something your mom would really love!
What Table Décor Do You Need?
A small table that you can decorate will also come in handy to ensure your tea party setup is complete. Once you’ve got the table set up, decorate it with flowers, or a centrepiece. You’ll also need matching teaware and plates to complete the ideal tea party table. Remember that you’ll need memorable teaware as well to serve your tea! Tea party hack: shop from our online collection of teaware while you plan out the other details of the tea party!
Tea, Tea, Tea!
You can’t have a tea party without tea! We suggest having both iced tea and hot tea for your party; so, your mom can have the choice of both depending on her mood. If you’re not sure of how to make iced tea, shop online for our Tea Cordial that comes in various flavours here -simply add water and chill it in the fridge before you serve it! To make hot tea, we suggest going with a good ol’ black tea or herbal (tea) infusions instead. For Mother’s Day, shop online and receive 50% off on our Dilmah Infusions Gift Pack (with 40 tea bags).
Finger Food & Snacks
Treats and tea go hand in hand, so its imperative that you get your tea and food pairings right for the occasion. Whether you decide to buy or make your own, be sure to look for light pastries and a good mix of sweet and savoury. To those who prefer to make their own, why not create one from our Dilmah Tea Inspired recipes vault? Here’s a simple recipe that you can make:
Italian Almond and Zokoko Profiterole
- Choux pastry
- 500ml water
- 280g butter
- 400g flour
- 30g sugar
- 10g salt
- 9 eggs
Italian Almond and Zokoko pastry cream
- 20g Dilmah t-Series Italian Almond tea leaves
- 240ml milk
- 240ml cream
- 100g castor sugar
- 20g cornflour
- 2 eggs
- 120g Zokoko ‘Alto Beni’ dark chocolate
Methods and Directions
- Bring water, butter, sugar and salt to boil.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the flour with a wooden spoon.
- Return to heat and cook out, stirring continuously until mixture thickens and forms a ball. Remove from heat and beat in eggs one at a time to form a paste.
- Pipe mixture onto baking trays and bake at 180°C for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.
Italian Almond and Zokoko pastry cream
- Heat milk and cream to nearly boiling point and add tea leaves. Infuse for 10 minutes then strain.
- Melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Reheat the milk and cream, then add slowly to egg, sugar and cornflour mix, stirring continuously.
- Return to the heat and simmer for 2–3 minutes, whisking to prevent the cornflour from clumping.
- When it has thickened, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Mix thoroughly and chill.
Prefer to try out another recipe instead? Shop online for our Dilmah Tea Inspired Festivities E-book and get 30% off! Packed with recipes for every occasion, you can browse through and make one based on the ingredients you have and the type of tea party you want to throw.
Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Last but not least, gifts! While surprising your mom with a special tea party is a gift in itself, why not go the whole nine yards? Mother’s Day gift ideas vary on what your mom likes, and while you can shop online for a tea gift that a tea lover would prefer, make sure it’s definitely what your mum would want. After all, even a handwritten card or a personalised photo frame will surely make her day!